Thursday, November 15, 2012

On My Mind

Here's what's been on my mind lately... besides Adele's song One and Only that starts with the phrase, "You've been on my mind." Because, let's face it, Adele is always on my mind. #girlcrush


First: snow. More specifically, the first snow (ha, see what I did there?). Winter has swept across this valley fast and furiously. Just last week people were wearing shorts and flip flops, and now they're bundled up to their ears in coats and scarves and hats and mittens. And boots. I love boots. I have quite a few pairs myself, but usually one pair monopolizes my wardrobe. In the autumn it's my brown leather boots that I wear with pretty much everything: dresses, skirts, jeans, leggings (yes, I know they're not pants), etc. When the snow rolls around, I switch over to my waterproof, coldproof (not a word), cuddly winter boots. In fact, my freshman year, I wore them for 3 months straight until my friend Mer had to instigate an intervention and insist that I not wear them more than 2 days in a row. I'm pretty sure I went through withdrawal. 
Here's a video I found of a snowfall in Gambier: 

A little boring, I know. 

And here's a picture of the mountains in Provo:


Second: house keys. Last year, we had a key pad on our door that made coming home with groceries or pumpkins (or whatever you care to bring home) much much easier. Sometimes the keypad would freeze up, and lock you out, but if you waited a few minutes it would go back to normal. I still remember the code: 50546. Now we don't have a nifty keypad. Instead we have regular old-fashioned keys. Mine got bent, and I'm pretty sure I lost it. It's become a real issue for our apartment--we always forget to bring a key when we go to class or running or to work or whatever, so we get locked out quite frequently. When my cousin was visiting BYU we got locked out and had to climb through Kristen's window. Not fun. 

Third: Bedtimes. On Saturday, I stayed up until 4am for the first time in... well, ever. Bad idea. Terrible idea. I'm still recovering. It messed me up so badly, I even set the kitchen on fire the other night. 

Fourth: Christmas. I know, I know, it's still November. Thanksgiving hasn't even passed--BUT they decorated the Bookstore with Christmas trees and garlands and red satin bows, and it might just be me but I'm pretty sure it smells like cinnamon and pine in there now. In celebration, my roommate and I put up lights around our room. They looked amazing until they burned out. But, I'm already starting to feel that little tingling sensation that means Christmas is near!


No comments:

Post a Comment